The four sides of the dreidel are decorated with the first four letters from the Hebrew phrase Nes gadol hayah sham, which means, A great miracle happened here.
- 1 dreidel
- pennies (these can be m&m's, skittles, rocks, etc.)
How to play:
• Everyone begins with 10 items.
• Before you begin to play, each student needs to put one item in the middle of your playing area.
• Each player needs to take turns spinning the dreidel.
• Follow directions based on the letter that is face – up when the dreidel stops.
• Continue to play until one player has all the items.
Nun = Take nothing from the pot.
Gimmel = Take the whole pot.
Hay = Take half the pot.
Shin = Add two items to the pot.