Thursday, October 22, 2009
Oct. 26 “PUT A CAP ON DRUGS”
Wear your favorite hat or cap!
Oct. 27 “ SOCK IT TO DRUGS”
Wear crazy socks & bring some NEW socks to donate!
Oct. 28 “DRUGS ARE UNBEARABLE”
Bring your favorite bear!
Oct. 29 “TOO COOL TO DO DRUGS”
Wear your RCE T-shirt for the Red Ribbon Pep Rally!
Oct. 30 “SAY BOO to DRUGS”
Wear your Halloween T-shirt!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
‘Twas the night before Halloween
And all through the school,
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even a ghoul
The principal’s office was locked up tight.
There was just one custodian on duty that night.
‘Twas the night before Guinndalyn’s Birthday
She was the scary skeleton of all.
She is the one that the vampires love
Most of all.
She hates the people of that Skeleton Town
She is real I tell you….
She was afraid of the dark
When heard a loud bark
From the three headed dog
And there came a nasty fog.
While she was cooking her toast,
She saw that evil ghost.
She was making a sandwich
As she saw that ugly witch,
Along came a black cat
Who quickly turned into a vampire
And was set on fire!
She made a new rule,
That there would be no ghoul
There that night
And he gave her a big fright!
By the way, she survived that scary, scary night!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Whip Cream
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Skills: Measurement / Linear Measure / Weight / Capacity / Brainstorming / Categorizing
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
- The numbers on the clock skip count by 5's.
- The large hand points to the minute.
- The little hand points to the hour.
- The clock shows the numbers 1 - 12.
- The hour hand moves when the minute hand passes 12.
- A year = 365 days.
- A week = 7 days.
- A day = 24 hours.
- An hour = 60 minutes.
- 1 Minute = 60 seconds.
- AM / PM
- Moon changes throughout the month.
- Sundial can be used to tell time.
- Sometimes, there are Roman Numerals on the face of the clock.
- Digital & Analog clocks are used to tell time.
- There are 4 seasons in a year.
For 2 tickets tomorrow, I asked the kids to research who developed the concept of time.
You could help your child at home with telling time. Just ask them to take a glance at your clock and to report the time to you. Remind them that they can also skip count by 5's to figure it out!
Friday, October 2, 2009
The students will participate in a metamorphosis from a technological novice to an expert gaining an in depth understanding of Web 2.0 tools. By using technology, like a digital camera & software, FLIP camera, and scrapbooking supplies and techniques, students will be able to go further in depth in the writing process. This activity, which will take the year to complete, will thrive on the students’ creativity and transform it into a collaboration of memoirs that will become a timeline of their experiences during the school year. It will enhance their learning experience as they learn how to take digital photographs and manipulate them to fit their needs. They will also learn how to use a FLIP camera to capture special celebrations so that they can journal them in their scrapbook, adding detail where needed and with more descriptive words. Most of the work will be completed with our learning buddies in hopes that the use of technology will not only trickle down throughout the rest of the grade levels, but also become the “hook” into Web 2.0 skills.
· I like / dislike this part of the book because…
· A question that I have about this book is… because….
· If I were this character I would…
· If I could talk to one of the book’s characters, I would (ask or say to them)…
· I predict that… because…
· I did not understand the part of the story when…
· This book reminds me of another book I have read.
· I think the author wrote this book to…
· The author got me interested when…
· The title of this book says to me…
· The most important (word or phrase or idea or illustration) in this book is…
· The genre of this book is… because it has (name some characteristics in the book found in that genre)
· If I were the author, I would have changed the part of the story when…
· To summarize the text, I would say…
Remember- handwriting is something that they will continue to develop as the year goes on. This is when we are asking them to take their fine motor skills to the next level. Here are two websites (recommended by Mrs. Squillante) that give some ideas on how to strengthen fine motor skills in young children.
Let me know if you have any other questions! The kids WILL get better at this eventually, but here are some tips to speed up the process! :)
We have our first field trip Friday, October 9th at 9:00. We will head to Memorial High School to see their performance of the 70's/80's Saturday morning show "Schoolhouse Rock." This is a great opportunity and we are so excited! We will take a bus and be back at RCE before lunch.
The kids can wear a Rummel Creek t-shirt. We are so lucky that we got to add this field trip to our schedule! This is going to be a great opportunity for the kids! Please sign and return BOTH sides of the permission slip as it comes home today!