Thursday, January 28, 2010
I am constantly AMAZED at how quickly children learn technology!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
* Mark your calendars: The Pre-K – 2nd grade science fair will be February 4th from 6:00 – 7:00.
* Please be sure to send a coat or jacket on cold days. If it is sunny outside, we do go to the playground.
* Please check your child’s take home folder each day. Empty out the contents that can stay home.
We are learning about:
Language Arts - We will be working on consuming and critiquing book reviews.
Writing - We are continuing to write about stories from our lives and moving into writing our own book reviews after we have had
lots of practice with this type of writing.
Math – We will continue with subtraction with regrouping and moving into learning about fractional parts of a whole.
Science – We are wrapping up our Balance and Motion FOSS Kit and moving into Living/Non Living,
Social Studies – Continue our study of Hero’s.
Have a great week!! ☺
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
1. How are Playnormous games used in your classroom or library?
2. Which one of our health games is your favorite and why?
3. Why should you be selected to win a free Monster iMac?
4. How have Playnormous games impacted you, your classroom, or your library?
Friday, January 15, 2010
Creativity is the name of the game and with technology - the sky is the limit! I know that these kids can do it!!!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Number of Players: 2 +
Materials: Die & Base 10 Blocks (Dimes / Pennies)
This game will take 7 rolls to complete using the die!
Each player begins with 100. (They need to have at least 10 dimes & 20 pennies)
Roll the die. Whatever the number is that is facing up – is the number that you will subtract from 100.
Decide whether or not to take away the number in 10’s or 1’s. (For example, if you roll a 5 – then you can either take away 50 or 5 – not both!)
The players then build the numbers and practicing trading the ten for ten ones.
Continue until you have rolled the die at least 7 times.
The person closest to 0 is the winner.
The hard part of the game is making the decision to take away the number in 10’s or 1’s without going below 0!
Lastly, players have to participate in all 7 rolls of the die, in order to win!
Have fun playing!