Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekly News!

Parents,

We are working very hard establishing routines in the classroom. You can sign up to become a “follower” of this and receive updates when new things have been posted!

Next week, I will begin conducting the DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment) on all the students. These do take time, so I ask that you please be patient with me! Also, I will students will be given the Spelling Inventory (from Words Their Way) and placed into 3 different word study groups.

I would like to reiterate how important it is for us to follow the “Peanut Free” zone here in school. An example of what could happen came up today when the children asked if they could eat snack while reading books from their browsing boxes. Since we do have a few “contact” allergies, I would greatly appreciate it if the children do not bring snacks with peanuts in them – as I do check books out from the library and that becomes a concern for those who are allergic. I plan on sending home a list of snacks home by Friday.

Next week, I am hoping to establish routines for “listening to books”. Please have your child bring a pair of headphones, or earbuds (I purchased mine at Target for about $7 and was just informed that Academy had them for $0.99) to class so that they can use the computers / iTouches for this activity. These will not be shared!

Lastly, I would like to ask that your child wear 1 Zany Band to class. Today, I had a few that were very distracting, especially during the instruction time.

PS. If you haven’t returned all the wonderful forms, please do so. I have to create a checklist of who has turned in what and will be sending emails starting Monday for missing forms. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment