· Writing: This week we will be working on Expository and Procedural Text. We will be talking about how things are made (recipes) and focusing on transition words: First, Next, After that, Finally, etc…
· Reading: Our focus will continue to be Expository Text Features (Non – Fiction). We will analyze magazines / newspapers and draw conclusions based on our inferences.
Math: This week we will begin solving real – world problems using the Part / Part / Whole and using a “bar model” as a visual representation. Homework Videos will be on Monday & Thursday.
Social Studies: We will be working on reading and identifying various types of maps. We will also look at the legends / key to help decipher important information. Kids will be able to create their own map in class.
Science: We have some fun experiments that we will be doing this week with our Balance and Motion Foss Kit. Students will be using ramps, cups and much more to study how objects balance and move.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
18th - Spirit Night at Taco Cabana
19th - Kindergarten Thanksgiving Program
November 26th – 28th Student Holiday
2nd - Spirit Night at Hugo Caliente
With the cold, flu and other things going around, please remember that your child must be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. 'Tiss the season to use Hand Sanitizer...
In case you have not had a chance to see the news, we will be dropping temperatures tomorrow. I am unsure what it is going to be like in our temp building - so please plan to layer clothes! Also - be sure you write your child's name in their coats / jackets. Those can add up!
Dress Code Reminder:
- Shorts, skorts, dresses and skirt lengths must be finger length when arms are extended down a child's side. (The child's fingertip must be touching fabric, not skin.) No shorts or pants with words or logos across the back. When wearing a skirt or dress, shorts or tights must be worn underneath.
- Sleeveless shirts are allowed. However, crop tops, halter-tops, tube tops or one-shoulder shirts are not allowed. Tank tops and shirts with spaghetti straps are allowed, but only if a shirt is worn OVER/UNDER them.
- During our time at the South Transition Campus we are requesting that all students wear tennis shoes. The walkways are slick and tennis shoes provide the best traction. Therefore, athletic type shoes are the preferred shoe attire and must be worn for Health Fitness class. No flip-flops or shoes creating a safety issue are allowed
Special Thanks goes out to Heidi Castaneda & Han Wright. They helped some of the class with the Little Bits on Friday. They seemed to have enjoyed it! We are looking forward to some more fun this next week!