Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week of November 3rd

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out tomorrow.  My transmission bit the dust on Saturday - so I am currently in the market for a repair service center to have my car towed too.  Unfortunately, the shop we have it now, does not deal with transmissions.  I also need to make sure I'm not taking it to a place that will charge me out of the roof!  I have a great sub coming and learning will still take place!  I'll be in early tomorrow to get things ready for her.  

On another note - we do have a lot of exciting things going on this week!  

Language Arts:  

Reading:  We will focus on Informational Texts with an emphasis on Expository Literature.  Expository conventions (Non Fiction) will be identified and discussed.  We will also be on the look -out for these features in our small reading groups.
Writing:  This week we will be experimenting with Expository and Procedural Writing.  We will also be finishing up our Narratives.
Word Study:  New words will be sent home.  I found a mistake in my Yellow Group video and will remake it.  

Math:  We will review our Subtraction Strategies.  There will be a video Monday, Tuesday & Thursday.  These are new videos that the kids have helped to make using our GoPro Cameras.  Your child is going to LOVE them!  We will have a chapter review on Tuesday and a test on Friday.  I'm also going to start Modeled Drawing with the class - this is coming up as our next chapter of study.  

Science:  We will be completing our unit on sound and energy. Our next unit will be on Balance and Motion.  

Social Studies:  We will be finishing up on Holidays and  leaning about Landmarks Local and State.  We will also be learning about maps.

I've organized all the Little Bits and would love to test them out this Friday.  I'll have a small group rotation - maybe 2/3 kids at a time working together each week.  Some will be working on circuits, others will be working on computer programming, and others will be creating videos for our class to learn from.  If you are interested in helping us out, please let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment