Friday, August 5, 2011

Macy's 5th Annual Spelling Bee

I hope your summer is going great! I can't believe that it has gone by SO quickly! I came across this contest in the Houston Chronicle and I wanted to pass it on. It is a Spelling Bee hosted by Macy's.
The local Spelling Bee will take place on August 28 in the Woodlands. I'm not sure how many kids enter - but thought maybe it would be cool to see some Roadrunners on stage! If your child does enter - please let me know! I'd love to come out and show some support! :)
Here is what I grabbed off of their website:
The winner of each local spelling bee will receive a year of online learning from Kaplan Tutoring, a $150 Scholastic online gift card, and a trip to New York City to compete in the finals at Macy's Herald Square on Sunday, September 26th! The Grand Prize winner receives a $5,000 Kaplan Tutoring Scholarship and a $500 Scholastic online gift card.
To find out more about this, please click on the below link:

Hope you enjoy the last few weeks of summer! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment