Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Second Day of School

Parents,


We had another wonderful day getting to know our expectations as a second grader.  We practiced Reading To Self  and made it to 7 minutes. WOO HOO! Remember, our goal is 20!  I’m so impressed with their motivation to become successful readers!

I also read to them the next three chapters of Because of Winn Dixie!  I believe they are HOOKED!

Lastly, we had conversations of what Scientist do and how they stay safe!  We ended our day with a surprise SKYPE session with Mr. Schwab (who happens to be my father).  He is a Geologist.  J 
Click on the links below to see some the videos (I apologize in advance of the quality... I was giving "Jing" a try!  Next time, I will revert back to using my digital camera to record short video clips!):



Make sure you check them out and I would love for you to leave a comment if possible!

This was such a great day!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment